Class: Redshirt Sophomore
Hometown: Columbia, MO
Highschool: Father Tolton
• 2017 NCAA All-American (5th Place – 141 pounds)
• 2017 MAC Champion (141 pounds)
• 2017 MAC Freshman of the Year
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2016-17)
• Recorded a record of 29-7 in first year as an attached wrestler, earning All-American honors by finishing fifth at the NCAA Championships (March 18).
• Was named the MAC Freshman of the Year after All-America honors and a conference title.
• Became the fourth consecutive Mizzou freshman All-American, following J’den Cox (2014), Willie Miklus (2015) and Daniel Lewis (2016).
• Was awarded the Outstanding Freshman Award at the end-of-the-year banquet.
• Lead the team in dual falls (5) and tied for the most wins (29).
• Recorded five falls, four technical falls and seven major decisions on the season, which ranked sixth, third and third on the team, respectively.
• Went 5-2 in debut at the NCAA Championships (March 16-18), knocking off four top-10 ranked wrestlers en route to earning a fifth-place finish.
• Defeated No. 3-ranked Joey McKenna (Stanford) by major decision (8-0) and No. 4-ranked Matthew Kolodzik (Princeton), 6-2, to clinch a spot on the podium at the NCAA Championships (March 17).
• Defeated No. 5-ranked Anthony Ashnault (Rutgers), 4-2, in the fifth-place match at the NCAA Championships (March 18).
• Captured the MAC Championship (March 5) at 141 pounds after outscoring his competition, 34-5, in three matches, including 10-1 major decision over Noah Forrider (Ohio) in the championships bout.
• Closed the regular season by winning seven of his last eight matches in dual competition, posting three falls and two major decisions over that span.
• Made the transition from 133 pounds to 141 pounds prior to the Southern Scuffle (Jan. 2), where he placed fifth following a 7-2 performance at the tournament.
• Defeated ranked wrestlers in back-to-back victories, pinning No. 18-ranked Cameron Kelly (Ohio) at 1:44 (Dec. 11) and winning 11-7 over No. 19-ranked Anthony Tutolo (Kent State), (Dec. 20).
• Won the UNI Open at 133 pounds (Dec. 3), posting a 4-0 record at the tournament with a major decision and a technical fall.
• Made his Tiger debut by recording a fall over Dominic Latona (Virginia Tech) to help propel Mizzou to victory over the Hokies (Nov. 20).
• Completed a highly impressive redshirt season at 133 pounds with a 22-2 record, placing first at three open tournaments and third at two events.
• Won the Roger Denker Open (Jan. 24), recording two technical falls, a fall and a major decision in a 4-0 performance.
• Placed third at the Reno Tournament of Champions (Dec. 20), recording three technical falls, two falls and a major decision in the tournament.
• Won the UNI Open (Dec. 12), recording three falls and a major decision in the tournament.
• Won the Joe Parisi Open (Nov. 21) with a fall and two major decisions en route to the title.
• Took third at the Michigan State Open (Nov. 15), earning a fall, a technical fall and a major decision. Earned first collegiate win in 13-1 major decision over Luke Welch (Purdue).
• Completed high school as the second undefeated, four-time state champion in Missouri history
• Went 158-0 at Tolton, including a 53-0 senior season that finished with him being the 25th four-time champion in Missouri history
• Two-time Fargo All-American
• Ranked the No. 39 2015 recruit nationally by FloWrestling